Wednesday, June 19, 2013

How can I stimulate my pituitary gland to produce more Human Growth Hormone?

Question by jarjarbinx: How can I stimulate my pituitary gland to produce more Human Growth Hormone?
I have heard that your pituitary gland produces growth hormone when you sleep. I am quite short, but pretty sure that I am not HGH deficient. I do not get more than 7 hours of sleep 5 days a week during school, sleeping 9-10 hours twice a week. I am 14. Is this enough sleep? Is there any other way to naturally produce more HGH?


Best answer:

Answer by Elf
This is generally enough sleep for an adult, it's borderline for a teenager, but for growth purposes, should be plenty. (For memory purposes, extra REM sleep is good)

Are you male or female? If you're male, there's a chance you just haven't hit your final growth spurt yet - that's usually right around 13-14 years old... but if both your parents are fairly short, you're likely to be fairly short, too.

Overproduction or misuse of HGH can cause acromegaly, which isn't a condition you want either.

If you're concerned about your height being abnormal, talk to your family doctor and review the growth charts to see whether your growth progress over time has been typical.



What do you think? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment